RP blog for Rief Miasson of Golden Sun. Also a fandom blog for whatever I feel like fangirling this week. Tracking the 'littlemercury' tag.
Was I the only one who felt like Moffat was using Clara to rebuke what he thinks of as “fangirls?” He made her shallow enough to be upset about the Doctor’s “wrinkles” and then had Matt Smith call her up to say “As scared as you are of the new Doctor because he’s so OLD AND NOT ATTRACTIVE LIKE ME, please give him a chance, because he’s scared too, and I promise you it’s still the same! Don’t be so shallow!” To me, that smacked of Moffat talking to his audience. He thinks women are quitting watching the show because Matt Smith was “OMG SOOOO HOTT!!1111” and because we can’t get turned on my Capaldi. But, no, women are quitting watching because you can’t stop insulting us. Case in point.
He’s just farting way above his ass and I’m so tired of his nonsense. I like Peter Capaldi, but I can’t watch a Moffat-run show anymore. He needs to go.
DON’T YOU THINK HE LOOKS TIRED?
YES THAT IS EXACTLY HOW I FELT. It was so annoying! And implying she was shallow to be so affected by the Doctor’s regeneration when OF COURSE she’d be disconcerted, humans don’t go around regenerating, she doesn’t understand it. Compare her reaction to Rose when Nine regenerated into Ten - she was also disconcerted and felt like she’d lost the Doctor (even though he was younger and attractive to her), but she wasn’t judged as shallow for this, but the narrative and other characters were sympathetic to her.
Also, the Doctor’s personality changes when he regenerates, so it isn’t shallow to think he isn’t the same man or to be scared, because he is a different person.
It’s really cruel to judge your female fans like that. It reminds me of the fake geek girl idea, that women aren’t real Whovians, they just watch because they fancy the Doctor so they should be judged. When actually many women like Doctor who (and many more used to before it became so misogynist).
- i am angry because this is just another example of women being shamed for taking nudes instead of the douchebag who spreads them being shamed for violating someone’s privacy like that
- i am angry because nobody deserves this, regardless of how i feel about their personality
- i am angry because this is pure misogyny and shows how women aren’t respected in our culture
- i am angry because she did not consent to having those pics posted everywhere but they still were
- i am angry because on the VERY RARE occasion this happens to a male celeb he is not shamed but rather the perpetrator is and it’s forgotten quickly whereas this will haunt jennifer for years and years to come
- i am angry because this was a sex crime and people are treating it like a joke
- i am angry because she is being exploited/objectified and some gross dudebros are probably jacking off to those pics
- i am angry because people are CONGRATULATING the fucker who did such an atrocious thing to her instead of being appalled
listen i may not like her personally but the fact remains that as a human being she is entitled to body autonomy and to choose who sees her naked body and who doesn’t
A Doctor Who/Silent Hill crossover where the TARDIS crashes and Twelve and Clara (or any Doctor and companion) are somehow in an ashen abandoned town, but Twelve can’t find Clara and vice versa, and it turns out their both in two separate realities.
Heeeeee spoke of tortured souls; so outrageous the toll…You can lose all you have- you refuse to give in to the town that takes all…Survive! You must have the will…this movie doesn’t end the way we want…
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE WRITE THIS
I WILL MAKE ART
It got to me. I’m drawing a thing.
I wrote something like this for Enthralled.
"Do they look like monsters to you?"
“Guardians of the Galaxy was such a fantastic movie!”
"There were a lot of issues with GotG that should be addressed and Marvel should work on improving with future movies."